Monday, February 2, 2009

Caramel Breath

As I walk down the streets

A normal stroll

Speculating whether i'll fall

Across an acquaintance, who rarely meets.

Then it comes with a jolt

I can feel the warmth

Suddenly i'm filled with unwavering faith

Courtesy that caramel breath.

But when I follow the smell, follow the sound

You are nowhere to be seen, nowhere to be found.

 

When I have nothing to do

I usually think of you like very few.

In those moments of pride

Just like the unstoppable lips of a guide

It comes with a jolt

And with certainty I can tell

The smell of warm caramel.

I follow the heavy smell, the heart's sound

But you are nowhere to be seen, nowhere to be found.

 

When I have the ball at my feet

I try my passes tidy and neat

I try my footwork that is often so sweet.

When I lock my target and pull the trigger

It comes with a jolt and I can see that compelling figure.

And I follow the crest, follow the swell

Oh! Let me see the source of this caramel.

All I can do is thump my tattoo

To search I am bound

But you are nowhere to be seen, nowhere to be found.

 

When I don the stage

Killing opponents in a rage

Holding the trophies hostage.

My eyes skirt the audience

Looking for your emergence

I have already felt the smell

Its depth an unending well

Of the so familiar warm caramel.

 

When I write

I need no extra might

The words just flow

The pens just slide

As the number of lines grow

The thoughts just glide.

After I respect your inspiration

And read the work to myself

In rhymes I see your reflection.

I look for you near and far

And there you are

Piercing my heart with brown eyes

Standing out like a citadel

And spreading the aroma of caramel.

 

 

No comments: